Monday, April 6, 2015

March 19

I do apologize that I did not update the blog over Spring Break. So I will be posting two weeks on the blog but I prefer to post them separately. I will also post blog updates on my Facebook page as well. 

Our sketchbook assignment was to draw an object in the shape of the letter it starts with. Here are this week's winners as well as my sample.

Gryffindor's Winner

"R" for Rapunzel

"Z" is for Zebra
(but also "E" is for elephant, "B" is for buffalo, "R" is for rhino, and "A" is for Anteater)

My example for the students

"J" is for Jellyfish

I didn't have an official plan for class as we were suppose to have a guest artist come in and talk to the class. But there was a mix up and we rescheduled for April 2. So we just continued to work on our projects that were in progress.

So we got a few more "Pop" can's finished this week, and a few more students have started to work on their wire words. 

There was no regular class on March 26 as the school was on Spring Break. So back to class again on April 2 with our guest artist. 

Since the students had extra time with Spring Break week off I assigned a sketchbook assignment that was a little harder. This week's assignment is to "morph" two items together. Sounds hard, unless you think about the two items as simple shapes. If both items have similar shapes they will "morph" together a lot easier. Here are two examples I showed in class for this sketchbook assignment:

Mango & Gorilla

Cow & Strawberry

I can't wait to see what you come up with!





No comments:

Post a Comment