Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October 1

I'm so glad to be back in the art studio. This week we are wrapping up our pumpkin watercolour painting, and they look great. I will post a few pictures next week. 

We also started to design our next project as well. We will be doing a melted wax crayon canvas. There are 3 different techniques to chose from.

1. Drip style


2. Nebula style


3. Splat style

(photo is from Artistjunkie.com)

Each artist needs to pitch an idea for their wax canvas to me before they start to prep. This way I can guide you to push your creativity just a little more.

We also handed out letters for the Extra Large 3D cardboard letter assignment that we will be doing. The letters need to be a minimum of 24" in at least one direction. I will demo the 3D portion in class. But as a sneak peak check out this photo from "Apex Elementary Art" blog.


Our letters will eventually spell something. Once we are all done I'll let you guys figure it out.

Last week's sketchbook winners are:




Very well done for Romero Britto! This week's sketchbook assignment is to draw an "eye". And the only rule I'm giving you is that it can't be human.






No comments:

Post a Comment