Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 29

Our warm up drawing exercise this week was to learn how to draw eyes. Here is what we learned:


I pinned this picture onto our Pinterest board for Art Club. You can find the pin here:


We then continued to work on the candy collage. By the end of class 5 pieces of the collage are complete. By the look of the rest of the artists we should be able to wrap up our first group project by our next class.

Our sketchbook assignment this week is to design a well known character into a pop can. I know this sounds a little weird but just hang in there. Here is where the original idea came from:



But the different twist came from the kids. They keep asking if they can make projects with well known characters such as Mickey Mouse or Batman. So this project the kids got to pick their own character but it had to start out as a "Pop Figurine" from the funko.com website. Each student picked a character that had not been already chosen so there will not be any duplicates. This is an example of a "Pop figurine" as well as the character I will be designing:



Now to turn it into a pop can design. I look forward to seeing your creations. Oh and you can't draw outside the pop can lines.

Here is the Pop can outline that I gave to each of the students to trace into their sketchbooks:


I know we were missing a few students because of the basketball game, so please come to see me in the kindergarten room at lunch time on Monday as we do not have Art Club this week due to Teacher's Convention. This way I can give you the can outline and pick a character for you to draw. I have the list of characters that have already been chosen. See you all on February 12th.




No comments:

Post a Comment